Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sad day on the farm...

I suppose it's a part of life, a part of learning, the circle of life, but I can't handle the mutilation of our poor bunnies... all 4 of them are either gone or eaten.  After inspecting the cages, I'm thinking a pack of coyotes were the culprit, which we do have in the area.  From what I hear they're quite vicious and brave  =/  I guess I just thought those cages were pretty tough, and they were!  I'm still surprised and shocked... and sad.  The kids were okay until we saw blood on 2 of the cages - the girls' bunnies are more than likely dead.  We'll probably never know about the boys.

Moving upward and onward!  We'll build bigger and better, then purchase some more...

The good news is the trees are budding!  

I need to get some pictures of the sugar maples - they're buds are beautiful!  We had a high of 83° on Sunday - it was glorious!  A record high, and a huge tease, but we enjoyed it to the fullest.  We ended the day at the neighbors' house roasting marshmellows, drinking hard cider (first introduced to me!), while the kids jumped on the trampoline, played with piggies & fell in the mud  ; )  We can't go without a little crying either... or spilling water all over the floor (TWICE).  Haha.  Ah, the adventures of children.  I really do love every minute... er, most  : )

We leave for our excursion to first Alabama, then Louisiana, next week.  I'm excited.  Caleb will be working in Ala. but at least it's away from "real work"... plus, it'll be warm!  The kids are elated about swimming in the bayou again, even though it's with the alligators - not sure they believe us on that one ; )

The strawberry patch is planted, the blueberries & blackberries!  Happy to have those in the ground.  I can already see the strawberry leaves growing and putting off new shoots - makes me think "they must be happy!"  At least we hope so... the dirt is amazing up here.

Can't leave without honoring our saint of today: 

St. Julius I, pray for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment