Well, two days ago we sold our puppy back to the breeder. With 4 children 6 years old and younger, it's too exhausting for us. As my mother said, "it's like having a child who never learns." Wait, that's just child #5 for me, haha! I always said I'd never have an indoor animal... I had a weak moment as this past Christmas approached and stepped too far out of "my box" I do believe, because I'm entirely too OCD. It's tiring enough keeping a house picked up with littles, but the stress of making sure all shoes, cups, toys are off the ground at all times was too much and too expensive, let alone the accidents on the floor.
Writing this out makes me feel
less guilty about getting rid of her, but it has been sad watching my 6 year old pout because "she misses Carmel..." The other ones seem to have gotten over it.
We've promised each one a bunny they can name (NOT the babies, only mommies and daddies... we've made that clear). I suppose we need to make good on our promise soon! Daddy has almost finished the cages - very exciting. Now they're *up* in my dining room instead of *rolled up* :)
How can you not take this over a dog?
We're trying to decide if we should attempt my family reunion the week after Easter in Louisiana. It won't be a cheap excursion or one without stresses. Is anything ever either of those anymore? ;) I figure it'll be one of the last trips we can make, as
animals creatures will be coming soon after. I do need to plan just in case we decide to though - summer skirts, sandals and swimming suits for the bayou! The kids thoroughly enjoyed it last year, as they had no idea we were really there for my grandpa's funeral. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year... may he rest in peace.
In honor of tomorrow:
Saint Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows,
pray for us!
“I will attempt day by day to break my will into pieces. I want to do God’s Holy Will, not my own” ~ St. Gabriel
No comments:
Post a Comment