Wednesday, March 9, 2011

De ja' vu

I woke up this morning to rain, after a beautiful Mardi Gras full of sunshine!  A bit apropos I suppose.  Today we start the difficult 40 days of Lent.  I do feel a bit more ready prepared this year.  Maybe it's feeling less stressed (not sure I am!), or the fact that things have been fairly calm around here since the beginning of the New Year.  I may just be jinxing myself, so I'll stop this now... while I starve!   ; )

We did get quite a bit of sap yesterday, which surprised me, as the low was not below freezing.  I'm not complaining!  Especially since I'm not sure we'll be squeezing much more out of those trees this year, as the lows aren't that low, but they may surprise me.  The sap bags have become increasingly frustrating however, falling at the drop of a hat... maybe we should've ordered buckets as soon as we noticed these wouldn't work.  We certainly wouldn't have lost as much as we have... neither here nor there I suppose!  Live and learn!

Today holds two beautiful feasts I must share...


"I am not capable of doing big things, but I want to do everything, even the smallest things, for the greater glory of God." ~Saint Dominic Savio

"Nothing seems tiresome or painful when you are working for a Master who pays well; who rewards even a cup of cold water given for love of Him." ~St. Dominic Savio




"A married woman must often leave God at the altar to find Him in her household care."
~ St. Frances of Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment