Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday, Monday

A new day dawns, sunny, high temps in the mid-upper 40's... we're thrilled at the prospect of playing outside!  Yes, I said "we!"  Who said adults can't play outside?  ; )  Try being cooped up for days with 4 toddlers... looney bin, here I coooooome!

We did manage to plant seeds this weekend!  We started our bell peppers, jalepenos, tomatoes, eggplant, lemon peppers, and possibly some I've forgotten, indoors.  The kids already see them growing... those are some miracle plants!  ; )

Our shelves for the seedlings...




Right now: We just finished school, kids are getting a bit rambunctious with a balloon they keep fighting over and I respond with taking away... *sigh*

This weekend: Was a poor, pitiful weekend.  My husband got the short end of the stick yesterday, having to play Mommy while I lay in bed with a migraine. He did a fabulous job and finished the day with homemade hamburger buns (which were amazing!), venison hamburgers and chips!  Oh, how I love him so!

Some plans for this week: Library, Mardi Gras tomorrow (whoohoo!), trying to focus on our Lenten fasts beginning Wednesday.  What to give up, what to give up... hmm.  The kids have informed me of different stuffed animals they're putting away during Lent for their sacrifice... and chocolate.  They're better than I am!

Some prayer intentions for this week: For my husband to know God's will regarding a possible job change, and for the soul of a church parishioner who passed away!

Something that makes me smile: My husband's flirty texts... they're cute and totally make my day!




St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us!

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. 
To one without faith, no explanation is possible."

"To convert somebody, go and take them by the hand and guide them."

"Peace is the work of justice indirectly, in so far as justice removes the obstacles to peace; but it is the work of charity directly, since charity, according to its very notion, causes peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment