Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Loads of sap!

I called it! We drew TONS of sap yesterday.  Unfortunately by the time we got the burner started it was just too late to finish the boil down, so we'll finish today.  We have quite a bit more from the trees today too, so this will make about 2 glass bottles I bet!  Exciting...

The sun is shining beautifully again - warm inside, warm warmer outside, and the ground is starting to dry up a little.  It's wonderful watching the kids run, jump & play.  Oh, and did I forget to post about the long awaited tire swings?!  How could I?  Oh my goodness, the kids have begged and begged for those things to be put up, waiting ever so patiently (not really) for a day with no snow on the ground to do so, as promised!  One needs to be re-done, as it bottomed out because the knot wasn't quite tight enough.  Easily fixed.  They're enjoying the working one immensely!

We stand on swings... heck with sitting  ; )


St. Simplicius, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment